Feel free to use anything you find here in stories, reviews, blogs and videos about Personal Best.
What is Personal Best?
Personal Best is a fitness tracking app for iPhone. It reads your workouts from Apple Health and turns them into insights, leaderboards, fun facts, and more.
Personal Best doesn’t record workouts itself, it leaves that to apps better specialised for it – like Strava, Peloton and Apple Fitness.
- Loads of insights, from basic things like calories burned last month to more specific ones like coldest-ever workout
- See leaderboards of your best workouts, and create your own custom leaderboards to rank your workouts however you want
- Plenty of widgets
- Siri and Shortcuts support
- App Clip support
- Turn your workouts into nice-looking custom images to share on social media
- Privacy first – workouts stay on your iPhone and I don’t sell your data. No account or signup is required either
- Inexpensive one-time purchase to unlock Personal Best Pro
See more on Personal Best’s product page »
What’s the story behind it?
I’m Shaun, an indie iOS developer in London, UK. In April 2020 during the UK’s lockdown I decided to learn SwiftUI so I’d have something to in the evenings other than rewatch Friends for the sixteenth time. A week later, Personal Best was live on the App Store!
Since then, I’ve been hard at work improving it, adding widgets, notifications, custom leaderboards, sharing and loads more features. My goal is for Personal Best to be considered a best-in-class iOS app.
Read more about my foray into indie app development »
iOS 14.0 or higher on iPhone. Personal Best isn’t available on iPad, Mac or Apple TV because they don’t support Apple Health
Questions and enquiries
I’m happy to make myself available to any journalists, bloggers or podcasters wishing to discuss Personal Best or independent iOS app development. Get in touch via Twitter or email to schedule something.
Download all media (.zip)